Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday

Today was a great Sunday. It started with church this morning. MT needed a greeter and usher so I was glad to be outside welcoming folks and passing out bulletins. I was working alonside a young friend, Mark, who is finishing student teaching this fall and planning on getting a job as a P.E. teacher when he is finished. It was good to have a time hearing about his plans for the future.
Church was good, with Pastor Fred continuing the series on spiritual fitness. It has been good to be challenged to get into shape with God. We also heard a testimony by one of the ladies who had been on the mission trip to Keyna. I am still suffering from a little mission envy. I am happy that Rebekah and Anna and Ken got to go. They had a great time and saw wonderful and miraculous things.
After church I met with my Fire Team men's group. We have a good time sharing and praying for each other.
Later I visited mom and had a good time talking to the ladies in her new home. She seems to be doing quite well, eating better and sleeping less. I think she is stimulated by her new surroundings.
Yesterday Sara was up from Baskerfield to visit. We had a wonderful housefull in the afternoon with all three girls and their aunt JoAnne from San José.

No comments: